Tuesday, October 31, 2006

What do YOU find interesting?

Has school become a stagnant cess pool where slop is constantly stirred about? Are students the byproduct of this system? Where is the thinking? Perhaps it is time to change. I am sure there will be a surge of reluctance and dagger-eyes thrown in my general direction. What do you mean I have to be responsible for my own learning? We need to move beyond this fill-me-in-I-am-an-empty-receptacle-that-needs-to-be-filled-by-the-teacher pedagogy of thinking. Teachers should not be the bottomless pit of flowing knowledge filling your cavernous brain. The wave of the future is changing! Let's ride that wave!

I hear the following complaints: "This is boring." "Why do we have to do this?" "Can't we do something we want to do?"

Here is your opportunity. Tell me what YOU find interesting. Find an article or a topic and talk about it. I am interested in what you find interesting.

2 comments:

Tisheena L. said...

Geist..... okay you post this blog for all those kids who complain about -->they don't like what they are doing in class and it is SOOOO boring and noone commented you back on what they would find interesting??.... NICE!!! or not!

you deffinately need to just keep doin what your doin Geisty! i think that whoever thinks that your class is boring and not interesting has some serious problems!! haha no joke!!


"Ms Geist is my BEST FRIEND" i think that your a GREAT teacher! And i find everthing that you have to say a great learning and and very interesting experience.

lizzygirl2008 said...

I find to intersting is the way the school is running this year . Many people may say they don't like "Aka the boss." We got to give him a brake he will never live up to the famous and most wounderful "Aka Mrs.Boss". But give him tim and he will maybe make up for it in the end. I hope so or the year left for everybody will not ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!